écope latérale

jpc42

Re: écope latérale

Post by jpc42 »

Greg² wrote:En faite, c'est l'inverse ;) Les tests ont montré une augmentation de 10 à 20% (de mémoire) du débit d'air.
Mais malheureusement ça c'est arrêté là et je n'ai rien lu de chiffré concernant l'impact sur le refroidissement ou un gain de puissance.

Je pense que heph a fait des tests ou a des infos...
j'ai galerer a retrouver le topic de meures, mais le voilà:
http://arc.seloc.org/viewthread.php?tid ... pid2827993
Don't Worry...Drive Happy
bluejedi911

Post by bluejedi911 »

Pas d'accès :oops: possible de copier/coller ? :whistle:
jpc42

Post by jpc42 »

bluejedi911 wrote:Pas d'accès :oops: possible de copier/coller ? :whistle:
ACESTES wrote:
S1 Air Scoops. Some tests with results.

I recently purchased some of Huskeydogs S1 air scoops and wanted to see how much of a difference they made to the air flow going into the air intake on the engine. I know eliseparts claim they make a 30% difference, but I wanted to see what my own testing would show. This testing and the results are not aimed at proving or disproving anyone’s claims, they were done purely out of interest and I thought I would share my findings.

Having borrowed a datalogger from work (we make dataloggers) and an air flow rate probe the first task was to attach the probe to the air intake. Below shows the air probe attached to an adaptor I made for it to fit onto the air intake.

Next, images of the air intake without and with the adaptor attached.

One of the datalogger logging

Once attached and logging all the remained was to go and take the car for a reasonably long run at 60mph (3,500 RPM) so that I could get some meaningfully constant readings. The picture below shows the side of the car without the air scoop

Having got some results it was time to fit the air scoop and go for another drive. Below shows the car with the air scoop fitted.

Once the testing was completed I analysed the results and found that with the air scoops fitted the air flow increased from a rate of 2.2m/s to 2.4m/s which is almost a 10% increase. So I can confirm that they do make a difference. If the readings were taken in an even more scientific way the difference seen may be even greater. Of course this test does only measure the air flow rate and not the air pressure which may also have been increased by the scoops which would provide the engine with even more air.
Don't Worry...Drive Happy